Dr. Nicholas Gualtieri MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology59 W 12th St Suite 1d New York NY, 10011
Dr. Nicholas Gualtieri is a gastroenterologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Gualtieri specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Gualtieri performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1969
New York University School of Medicine 1969
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Kings County Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine; Staten Island Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
- Gastroenterology, St. Vicent's Medical Center, New York, NY, 1974 1972
- St Vincents Hospital and Medical Center - NY
Dr. Nicholas Gualtieri MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10011Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas Gualtieri MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gualtieri
- Tips on Living with IBS
Manage Your ConditionIt is not called the "irritable" bowel syndrome for nothing. IBS causes chronic pain and discomfort in the abdomen, as well as bloating and changes in bowel habits. These symptoms can cause physical and psychological discomforts. All things considered, there is no cure for IBS....
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Drugs for Heartburn May Cause Hip Fractures
Long-term use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), the major class of heartburn drugs, may result in fractures of the hip in postmenopausal women with a history of smoking. The results of the study, published in the journal BMJ, shows that the risk of a hip fracture is not lowered even after stopping...
- A Link Between Celiac Disease and Infertility
A confusing connection – celiac disease and infertilityHere are some stories about moms who experienced infertility linked to celiac disease.Lindsey Reimer became pregnant in 2013, however, in 2010 she was diagnosed with celiac disease. Seventeen weeks after becoming pregnant, she lost her baby...
- General Facts About Hemorrhoids
What are hemorrhoids and what causes them?Hemorrhoids are lumps that occur in the rectum or the anus, formed by the swelling of blood vessels in the region. It can occur in the lower rectum and around the anus. The cause of the swollen blood vessels is by a strain due to the pressure and individual...
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- Dr. Gil I. Ascunce M.D.161 Madison Ave Suite 10 SW New York NY 10016
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD305 2nd Avenue New York New York 10003
- Dr. Hormoz Mohtashemi MD516 Hamburg Tpk Wayne New Jersey 7470
- Rupa K. Sharma M.D.232 E 30h St New York New York 10016
- Dr. Democleia Panagou Gottesman MD415 Ocean View Ave Brooklyn NY 11235