Dr. Eric D. Freeman, pain management doctor is the medical director and founder of Redefine Healthcare. As a leading New Jersey pain physician he holds numerous board certifications in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine and is a certified independent medical examiner. Dr. Freeman has dedicated his life's work to providing his patients with the most comprehensive state-of-the-art pain care presenting them with the best pain management treatments and the opportunity to live a healthy, active, and pain-free lifestyle.
Dr. Freeman among the best pain management doctors in New Jersey specializes in treating patients with all types of pain conditions with a focus on spine disorders, herniated and degenerative discs as well as arthritic joints and sport medicine injuries. His expertise is in minimally-invasive spinal procedures as well as non-surgical orthopedic care.
Since the completion of his fellowship, Dr. Freeman continues to be at the forefront for the treatment of all spine and pain disorders. He attends as well as conducts numerous seminars in the field of Interventional Pain Management and Minimally-Invasive Spine Techniques.
New Jersey pain specialist Dr. Freeman's passion for providing the most advanced medical and interventional pain technologies has made him well recognized in the field of pain management and is listed as one of ""America's Top Physicians"". He is often involved in the education of other physicians performing lectures and publishing textbook chapters for Board Certification testing. His goal and primary focus is to obtain the results that you deserve, that is, to eliminate your pain without surgery
2500 Morris Ave,
Union, NJ 07083
10 Parsonage Rd Suite 208,
Edison, NJ 08837
Education and Training
Life Chiropractic College BS 1992
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York D.O. 1996
University of Delaware B.S. 1991
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
Dr. Eric Freeman's Expert Contributions
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a condition in which increased exhaustion is felt, working capacity is reduced, and concentration is noticeably lowered. Headache or muscle pain often torment you and sleep disturbances occur. These “symptoms” do not disappear even after a good rest as in the case of...
Areas of expertise and specialization
- America’s Top Physicians America’s Top Physicians
- Pain Management Physiatry
- Arthritic Conditions
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ligament Damage
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (idet)
- Endoscopic Discectomy / Foraminotomy / Decompression
- Percutaneous Decompression
- M.i.l.d. (minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression)
- Myofacial Injections
- Plasma Rich Platelet (prp) Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapies
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Transforaminal Epidural Injections
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Joint Injections
- World Institute of Pain
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- New Jersey Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- New Jersey Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spinal Injection Society
- American Interventional Headache Society
- Society of Practice Pain Management
- UMDMJ Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Johnson Rehabilitation Institute/UMDNJ-RWJ Medical School, Edison, NJ Residency Training: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Chief Resident 1999-2000
- Florida Spine Institute Interventional Pain Management of Spine Disorders
- Saint Barnabas Health Care System/Union Hospital, Union, NJ Rotating Internship, 1996-1997
- Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationFellow of Interventional Pain PracticeFELLOWSHIP TRAINING: 2000-2001Florida Spine Institute, Clearwater FLInterventional Pain Management of Spine DisordersPhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation New Jersey Society of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Society of Interventional Pain PhysiciansNew Jersey Society of Interventional Pain PhysiciansInternational Spinal Injection SocietyAmerican Interventional Headache SocietySociety of Practice Pain ManagementWorld Institute of Pain
Articles and Publications
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review, Demos Publishing First Edition, 2004. Second Edition, 2009. Third Edition, 2014.Co-Authored Chapters:Rheumatology. Thomas R. et al.Musculoskeletal Medicine: Upper Extremities. Dave Brown, DO, Eric Freeman, D.O., et al., Musculoskeletal Medicine: Lower Extremities. Dave Brown, DO, Eric Freeman, D.O., et al., Musculoskeletal Medicine: Spine. Ted Freeman, D.O. and Eric Freeman, D.O. et al., Electrodiagnostic Medicine and Clinical Neuromuscular Medicine. Ted Freeman, D.O., Eric Freeman, D.O. et al. Botwin, KP, Freeman, ED, et. al. (2001, Nov). Radiation Exposure to the Spinal Interventionalist Performing Fluoroscopically-Guided Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections. Pain Physician.
- JFK Medical Center, Edison, NJ
- Overlook Hospital, Summit, NJ
- UMDNJ-RWJ at Rahway, Rahway, NJ
- Essex Surgery Center, Edison, NJ
- Middlesex Surgical Center, Edison, NJ
- Millenium Health Care of Clifton, Clifton, NJ
Dr. Eric Freeman's Practice location
Edison, NJ 08837Get Direction
Paterson, NJ 07503Get Direction
Clifton, NJ 07013Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Eric Freeman | Pain Management Specialist | Pain Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Eric Freeman's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Freeman
Dr. Eric Freeman is a genius! He helped me with unbearable pain in my leg. He is easy to talk to and listens to his patients. I highly recommend him!
- Jose l.
- Dona m.
follow up after a caudal cath procedure.
- Gonzalez j.
Could not ask for a better doctor! .
- Surette m.
- Preston a.
My doctor is the greatest the service here is very good..
- L. d.
- B. l.
- Joann c.
The Best in every way. Has helped us so very much. Top Notch..
- K. m.
- D. a.
- Nancy b.
- Lynda k.
- Armand b.
Totally relaxed. Very comfortable and friendly..
- Patricia m.
Getting better every day.
- Lori b.
Very informative and friendly.
- Alvin n.
Really good helpful attentive doctor..
- Maria j.
Love my doctor.
- Benefits of CBD Oil
What is CBD?CBD or cannabidiol is a prominent nonpsychoactive compound found in the Cannabis sativa plant. It is also popularly used as a natural remedy for various ailments since it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiemetic, anticonvulsant, antipsychotic, and anxiolytic properties (1)....
- Is Tramadol a Narcotic?
Most tramadol users are not aware of the drug's specifications. Therefore, there is always confusion as to whether tramadol is a narcotic or not. The truth of the matter is that this medicine works like a narcotic but is not categorized as one. It is only referred to as "narcotic-like".Tramadol is...
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is also medically termed as reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD). This is a condition which often leads to chronic pain in which high levels of nerve impulses are sent to the affected area. There are studies that...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- Aleve vs. Ibuprofen
OverviewAleve and ibuprofen are both nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that have similar effects, but with important differences as well. Ibuprofen is an NSAID that is available under many brand names. The most common brands of ibuprofen are Advil and Motrin. Aleve, on the other hand,...
- Dr. Walter Fricke D.AC, L.AC.3 Royal Pl STE 4 Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Pardha S Valluru MD2601 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn NY 11235
- Vasilios Kountis1317 3rd Avenue, 7th Floor New York NY 10021
- Dr. Warren Bleiweiss MD29 Smull Ave Caldwell NJ 07006
- Leon Reyfman2279 Coney Island Ave Brooklyn NY 11223
- Dr. David Zylberger MD525 E 68th St New York NY 10021