Dr. Sheryl Mascarenhas is a rheumatologist practicing in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Mascarenhas specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Mascarenhas treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Sheryl Mascarenhas MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
Columbus, OH 43202Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43203Get Direction
Dr. Sheryl Mascarenhas MD's reviewsWrite Review
- PET Scans Reveal Neurochemical Changes in Fibromyalgia Patients
Fibromyalgia is a condition where you feel almost constant pain caused by inflammation all over the body, including joints, organs, and skin. Now brain scans and an advanced imaging test called positron emission tomography, or PET, show that there is a neurochemical change in the brains of those who...
- Therapy Dogs can Make a Difference for Fibromyalgia Patients
The main characteristics of fibromyalgia are the constant and chronic pain, and unrelenting fatigue. However, the pain is of a kind far beyond regular aching like the one caused by the flu. As a matter of fact, initially the symptoms may seem just like a common cold. When the disease progresses, the...
- Cracking the Fibromyalgia Case!
Fibromyalgia is a difficult condition to diagnose. The depression, anxiety, brain fog, fatigue and pain that affect those with this condition has baffled the medical community for decades. However, researchers are making progress toward understanding fibromyalgia's complexities. ...
- Lupus and Pregnancy: An Improving Outlook
In the past, most — if not all — lupus sufferers were warned against getting pregnant. The combination of signs and symptoms, coupled with the bodily strain from the pregnancy, would combine into a high-risk situation for both the mother as well as the baby. Furthermore, the fact that most...
- Study Finds New Breakthrough for Lupus: Transplanting Placental Cells
In a recent lab test using mice, transplantation of human placental cells suppressed immune and inflammatory responses of systemic lupus erythematosus. This success is a breakthrough in the treatment for lupus, an autoimmune disease that causes chronic pain. ...
- Lupus – Spoon Theory and Beyond
Lupus is a disease in which the immune system becomes the enemy and starts attacking various cells of the body. Most people suffering from it have joint pains, skin rashes, fever, hair loss, fatigue, oral ulcers, and ailments of various organs. Both presentation and severity of the disease differ...
- Dr. Mazen Elyan MD1640 Flossie Dr Greendale IN 47025
- Dr. Stefan Monev M.D.5255 E Stop 11 Rd Indianapolis IN 46237
- Dr. John Michael Condit M.D.8902 N Meridian St Indianapolis IN 46260
- Mrs. Sarah Thomas MD8890 East 116th Street Fishers IN 46038
- Dr. Randall J Reed MD201 Pennsylvania Pkwy Indianapolis IN 46280
- Dr. Ellen H Stoesz MD6820 Parkdale Pl Indianapolis IN 46254