Dr. Leonard Cohen is a gastroenterologist practicing in Orinda, CA. Dr. Cohen specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Cohen performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Leonard Harris Cohen M.D.'s Practice location
Orinda, CA 94563Get Direction
Dr. Leonard Harris Cohen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Canary Seeds Are Ideal for Gluten-Free Diets
Celiac disease is a genetic autoimmune disease that causes the patients to suffer attacks to the small intestine whenever they ingest products with gluten. It’s estimated that one in one hundred people worldwide suffer from celiac disease and that approximately two and a half million people in the...
- What Is Gastroenteritis: Get the Facts
Gastroenteritis, commonly known as "gastro", is a type of infection/inflammation that affects the human digestive system.A number of germs can cause gastroenteritis. They include: Viruses, especially those relating to norovirus, rotavirus, and hepatitis A. Bacteria such as the Salmonella,...
- Establish an Understanding of Ischemic Colitis
Colitis is a general term used to describe conditions that involve the inflammation of the colon. Anyone living with colitis knows how big of an impact it can make on one’s life. The most common symptom of all types of colitis is abdominal discomfort. People with colitis also frequently experience...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- Does Celiac Disease Cause a Deficiency in Vitamins and Minerals?
Celiac disease is one of the most common autoimmune disorders affecting the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. For those with the disease, there is a reason for concern. Those with celiac disease often have malabsorption syndrome, which leads to a deficit of various minerals and vitamins. If...
- Cooking Tips for a Crohn's Diet
If you are suffering from Crohn’s disease, then you are aware that inflammation of your small intestine can make it more difficult for you to digest and absorb the proper nutrients you require. While there is no cure for Crohn’s disease, there are specific foods that may trigger flare-ups or...
- Dr. Samuel Tesfay M.D.1425 South Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596
- Dr. Timothy M Sowerby MD1350 S Eliseo Dr Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Steven Alan Friedman MD5601 Morris Canyon Road San Ramon CA 94583
- Dr. Francis Yung-kang Yao MD350 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Richard Augustus Messian M.D.2415 High School Ave Concord CA 94520
- Dr. Timothy J. Davern MD350 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143