Dr. Silma Martinez is a pediatrician practicing in Rio Grande, PR. Dr. Martinez is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Martinez diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Martinez can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Mrs. Silma L. Martinez MD's Practice location
Rio Grande, PR 00745Get Direction
RIO GRANDE, PR 00745Get Direction
Mrs. Silma L. Martinez MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Mesenteric Adenitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Mesenteric adenitis is the inflammation of the lymph nodes present in the mesentery, which is the membrane that attaches the small intestine to the abdominal cavity wall. It usually causes abdominal pain, especially in children and teenagers. Lymph nodes contain lymphocytes, which are...
- The Rotavirus Vaccination is Not Associated With Intestinal Disorders
Many doctors still dread to recommend rotavirus vaccination thinking that it may increase the chances of bowel blockage, known as intussusceptions, in children. Many studies have shown that vaccination can considerably reduce the number of hospitalizations due to severe diarrhea in infants. One of...
- Complications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
IntroductionGlucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is an inherited condition in which the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase is not produced enough by the body. This enzyme is needed to help the red blood cells (RBCs) of the body to function normally.If there is a lack of this...
- Allergy Reality Launches Tools for Advocating and Educating Those with Food Sensitivities
The beginning of a new school year is an exciting time for students and parents alike. Many students look forward to meeting up with friends and sharing about their summer vacation adventures. Also, there’s the prospect of meeting new teachers and learning more about the world around them as well...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- Why Swimming Lessons Are Crucial for Children with Autism
It is important for any child to learn how to swim, but it is especially important for those with autism due to tendencies to wander towards water.Sayed's storySayed Ashraaf Ali Sayed Imran is five years old and has autism. He is absolutely in love with anything that has to do with water. Anyone who...
- Margarita M. Martinez-Cruzado576 Calle Teniente Cesar Gonzalez San Juan Puerto Rico 00918
- Dr. Mary Mckay M.D.Gobernador Piñero San Juan PR 00921
- Dr. Hector D. Nieves M.D.253 Calle San Jorge San Juan PR 00912
- Dr. Juan G. Arroyo rosas M.D.253 Calle San Jorge San Juan PR 00912
- Ms. Sheila Yvette Ramos M.D.Ave. Americo Miranda San Juan PR 00936
- Dr. Leyda G Sanchez-ortiz M.D.UPR Medical Sciences Campus San Juan PR 00936