Dr. Howard Cushner is a nephrologist practicing in Tacoma, WA. Dr. Cushner specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Cushner most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Cardiovascular effects of pseudoephedrine in medically controlled hypertensive patients.
- Emergencies in continuous dialysis patients: diagnosis and management.
- Review: Renal osteodystrophy--pathogenesis and treatment.
- Mineralocorticoid-induced kaliuresis in type-II pseudohypoaldosteronism.
- Sexual dysfunction in the male dialysis patient: pathogenesis, evaluation, and therapy.
- Renal osteodystrophy--pathogenesis and treatment.
- Effect of citrate on serum aluminum concentrations in hemodialysis patients: a prospective study.
- Does hemodilution exist? Effects of saline infusion on hematologic parameters in euvolemic subjects.
- Hemolytic-uremic syndrome without evidence of microangiopathic hemolytic anemia on peripheral blood smear.
- Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Nephrology; Wayne St Univ Affil Hosp, Internal Medicine; Wm Beaumont Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Detroit Genl Hospital 1979
Dr. Howard M. Cushner M.D.'s Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Dr. Howard M. Cushner M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- Dr. Thomas J Martin MD1708 S Yakima Ave Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Michael G Mondress MD3525 Ensign Rd Ne Olympia WA 98506
- Dr. Sushanta K. Goswami M.D.1717 S J St Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Julia P Anuras MD3525 Ensign Rd Ne Olympia WA 98506
- Dr. Zaher Al-shallah MD3950 New Covington Pike Memphis TN 38128
- Dr. Elhami N Hannan MD1701 Lacey St Cape Girardeau MO 63701