Dr. Neal Schofield M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry905 Herrontown Road Princeton House Beha Princeton NJ, 08540
Dr. Neal Schofield is a psychiatrist practicing in Princeton, NJ. Dr. Schofield is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Schofield diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Schofield may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Schofield treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1974
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1974
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Abuse Victims, Anxiety Disorders, Attention Deficit Disorders (add/adhd)
- Opiate Dependence
- St Vincent'S Hsp & M C-Ny, Psychiatry; Kings County Hosp Ctr, Radiology; Sisters Charity Hlthcare Sys, Pediatrics
- St. Vincent's Hospital (NY)
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
- St Vincent's East Program
Dr. Neal Schofield M.D.'s Practice location
Princeton, NJ 08540Get Direction
Dr. Neal Schofield M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schofield
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Dr. Les Linet MD194 North Harrison Street Princeton New Jersey 08540
- Dr. Mukti Chakrabarti MD183 South Orange Avenue Newark New Jersey 07101
- Dr. Firoz Rahman MD300 Clocktower Drive Hamilton Township New Jersey 08690
- Dr. Madhulika Sharma MD4326 Route 1 north Monmouth junction NJ 08852
- Jean Robert Jacques26 Forest Court South Monmouth Junction New Jersey 8852
- Dr. Carmencita T. Lanez MD201-205 New Brunswick Avenue Hopelawn New Jersey 08861