Dr. Gerald Baker is a general surgeon practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Baker specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Baker provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1980
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1980
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Graves' Disease
- Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Methodi, General Surgery
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Lutheran Hospital) Program
Dr. Gerald G Baker M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Gerald G Baker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baker
- Reasons Why You Need Hernia Surgery
Nowadays, the majority of hernia surgical operations are carried out as outpatient procedures. Hernia surgery is a common treatment which is less invasive and is associated with minimal risks. There are two types of hernia surgery; open repair and laparoscopic. Both methods of surgery take a few...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What is a Sphincterotomy?
A fissure is the tearing of anal skin as a result of the overstretching of the anal opening by a big hard stool. Normally, sphincterotomy is related to constipation, chronic diarrhea (less often), inflammatory bowel disease or sexually transmitted infections that have anal and rectal effects. At...
- What are the Risks of an Appendectomy?
Sometimes the appendix develops complications. When that happens, the patient usually experiences intense pain in the lower abdomen. This requires immediate medical attention to prevent the appendix from bursting. This whole emergency condition is known as appendicitis.Appendicitis refers to the...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Dr. Qasim Latif Chaudhry MB BCHIowa Methodist medical center Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Michael P Mohan M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Benjamin P Schlicher MD1415 Woodland Ave Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Natisha Nicole Jensen MD1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Jason Kimball Shellnut M.D.1415 Woodland Ave Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. James Robert Swegle M.D.1212 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309