Dr. Afaq Ahmad practices Emergency Medicine in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Ahmad assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Ahmad examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Dr. Afaq Ahmad MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15203Get Direction
Dr. Afaq Ahmad MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Dr. Peter S. Martin MD320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212
- Dr. Kip Dean Jenifer MD565 Coal Valley Rd Pittsburgh PA 15236
- Dr. Anwar Dayan Osborne M.D.2480 Shady Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15217
- Dr. Suzanne Atkinson MD2 Hot Metal St Pittsburgh PA 15203
- Dr. Matthew Brian Rivenburgh M.D.100 Medical Center Drive Slidell LA 70461
- Dr. Josef Turner M.D.320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212