Dr. Joseph Backer is a radiologist practicing in Arlington, VA. Dr. Backer specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1965
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Using mortality data for early detection of Classical Swine Fever in The Netherlands.
- Transmission dynamics of hepatitis E virus in pigs: estimation from field data and effect of vaccination.
- Vaccination against foot-and-mouth disease II: Regaining FMD-free status.
- Vaccination against foot-and-mouth disease I: epidemiological consequences.
- Evaluating vaccination strategies to control foot-and-mouth disease: a model comparison study.
- Controlling highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreaks: An epidemiological and economic model analysis.
- Economic aspects of Q fever control in dairy goats.
- Analysis of Q fever in Dutch dairy goat herds and assessment of control measures by means of a transmission model.
- Modelling the Innate Immune Response against Avian Influenza Virus in Chicken.
- Geo Washington Univ Hosp, Radiology; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Geo Wash Hospital 1966
Joseph Anthony Backer MD's Practice location
Arlington, VA 22205Get Direction
Joseph Anthony Backer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Bernice D. Griffith MD2722 Merrilee Dr Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Richard S. Pergolizzi, Jr.3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042
- Parham Farid M.D.4110 Aspen Hill Road Rockville Maryland 20853
- Greg N. Bender M.D.4110 Aspen Hill Road Rockville Maryland 20853
- Alex O. Kladakis M.D.3015 Williams Drive Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Nabila Hai900 23rd Street Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20037