Dr. Stephen Goldman is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Seattle, WA. Dr. Goldman specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Goldman often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1971
Medical College of Wisconsin 1967
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
- Carle Fndn Hosp, Colon And Rectal Surgery; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, General Surgery; Queen'S Med Ctr, General Surgery; Univ Wa Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Carle Foundation Hospital Program
Dr. Stephen Leon Goldman M.D.'s Practice location
Seattle, WA 98104Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Leon Goldman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- Reasons Why You Need a Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a procedure that evokes mixed reactions amongst most adults. Most people don't look forward to the preparation for a colonoscopy, much less the procedure itself. But improvements in the procedure in recent years have led to most people not having a terrible experience. It is of...
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- Dr. Daniel Paul Froese MD1221 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Oliver Robert Biggers MD1370 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Mitra Ehsan MD1135 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Tal R Raphaeli MD1125 Cypress Station Dr Houston TX 77090
- Dr. Steven J Medwell MD1145 Broadway Seattle WA 98122
- Dr. Jennifer Kim Lee M.D.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106