Dr. James F Alonso M.D.
Neurologist | Neurology3009 N Ballas Rd Suite 102b Saint Louis MO, 63131
Dr. James Alonso practices Neuropathology in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Alonso studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1994
- Retinoblastoma-related geneRb2/p130 are rarely mutated in Burkitt's lymphoma from Brazil.
- Analysis of respiratory and muscle activity by means of cross information function between ventilatory and myographic signals.
- Cross-conditional entropy and coherence analysis of pharmaco-EEG changes induced by alprazolam.
- Identification of isometric contractions based on High Density EMG maps.
- [Recurrent luxation of the peroneal tendons].
- [Acquired cellular immunodeficiency syndrome: 3 observations in hemophiliacs].
- St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, Neurology
- St Louis University School Of Med
Dr. James F Alonso M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63131Get Direction
Dr. James F Alonso M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alonso
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Comedian with Muscular Dystrophy Raises Awareness One Joke at a Time
No matter the boundaries that some may face, there are several people who manage to push past them, and serve as an inspiration by going above and beyond. One of these people is 27-year-old Steve Way.Steve Way currently works as a substitute teacher by day, and a stand-up comedian at night. However,...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- Dementia and Related Psychosis: Should Antipsychotic Drugs Really Be Used?
Alzheimer’s is one of the primary causes of age-related dementia, and it's typically characterized by the progressive loss of connectivity between brain cells and their death, leading not only to the loss of memory and cognition, but also difficulties in social interaction.As the disease...
- Lexi Pappas and her Mom Both Have Muscular Dystrophy. This is Their Story.
Facioscapulohumeral dystrophy (FSHD) is a much more rare variant of muscular dystrophy, which consists of an autosomal dominant inherited version of muscular dystrophy, that begins by affecting the muscles in the face, and then makes its way towards the scapula, and upper arms. This variant is the...
- How Babinski Reflex Is Used to Diagnose MS
Multiple SclerosisIn multiple sclerosis, the body's immune system attacks the myelin (protective sheath), which covers the nerve fibers. When the myelin sheath is damaged, there would be communication problems from the brain and to the rest of the body. Depending on the severity of the disease,...
- Dr. William Elliot Rosenfeld M.D.222 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Rawan Tarawneh MD1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Todd Brook Silverman M.D.232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Zaheer Ahmed M.D.232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Luigi Maccotta MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Erik Steven Musiek MD2601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232