Dr. Gabriel Avila is an optometrist practicing in Abilene, TX. Dr. Avila specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Avila performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Gabriel Avila OD's Practice location
Abilene, TX 79605Get Direction
Dr. Gabriel Avila OD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Dr. Dorothy M Preston O.D.440 Hickory St Abilene TX 79601
- Dr. Gerald A Delucia1133 Westridge Dr Abilene TX 79605
- Dr. Angela Elise Nicolini O.D.3225 S 27th St Abilene TX 79605
- Dr. James Wesley Wadley O.D.262 S Leggett Dr Abilene TX 79605
- Dr. David A Riddlespurger O.D.4150 Southwest Dr Abilene TX 79606
- Dr. Cameo Suzanne Harvey OD4102 Buffalo Gap Rd Abilene TX 79605