Dr. Mark Weiss is an ophthalmologist practicing in Tulsa, OK. Dr. Weiss specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Weiss can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Weiss can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1968
Temple University School of Medicine 1968
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, General Surgery
- University of Chicago Program
Dr. Mark Justin Weiss MD's Practice location
Dr. Mark Justin Weiss MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Weiss
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- What Is Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC): Get the Facts
Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC) is also known as contact lens-induced papillary conjunctivitis (CLPC) because it is the most common symptom with people who wear contact lenses. GPC forms small nodules on the inner side of the eyelids as a result of foreign body irritation. Moreover, people who...
- Dr. Marc L. Abel D.O.6140 South Memorial Drive Tulsa Oklahoma 74133
- Dr. Ryan Conley DO6140 South Memorial Drive Tulsa Oklahoma 74133
- Dr. John Thomas Romano D.O.4444 S Harvard Ave Tulsa OK 74135
- Dr. Neel Mukul Kumar MD6827 S MEMORIAL DR TULSA OK 74133
- Dr. Michael Chad Chamberlain D.O.717 S Houston Ave Tulsa OK 74127
- Dr. James Frederick Ronk M.D.6465 S Yale Ave Tulsa OK 74136