Dr. Saritha Vermeer is a psychologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Vermeer specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Vermeer evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Vermeer because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Saritha M Vermeer PH.D.'s Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27704Get Direction
Dr. Saritha M Vermeer PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- What Exactly Is an Orgasm?
An orgasm is the peak of sexual excitement in both men and women. It is often stimulated by genital pleasure and followed by an ejaculation in men. Sometimes, orgasm is called climaxing or coming. The heart beats faster and breathing gets heavier and quicker when you have an orgasm.In women, orgasms...
- How to Help Children with Separation Anxiety
IntroductionIt is quite natural for young children to become anxious when their parents say goodbye to them. Even though this stage can be difficult to deal with, know that separation anxiety is a part of normal child development. Separation anxiety can be relieved by knowing some effective...
- First Place Opens, Allowing Adults With Autism to Gain Independence
Denise D. Resnik and her husband were given a choice when they discovered that their son Matthew had autism: to institutionalize their son as the doctor had recommended, or to love and care for him in the comfort of their own home with a commitment to endless support. Their journey started there and...
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Dr. Jason Edward Bonner PH.D.3500 Bush Street Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. Karen Dorothy Sullivan PH.D.101 Manning Dr Cb 7200 Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Karla L Thompson PHD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Jean Templeton PH.D104 Jones Ferry Rd Carrboro NC 27510
- Dr. James Byassee PH.D.18 W Colony Pl Durham NC 27705
- Dr. David G Kravetz PSY.D.5613 Duraleigh Rd Raleigh NC 27612