Dr. Steven Mark Rothman MD
Neurologist | Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology621 S New Ballas Rd Suite 5009b Saint Louis MO, 63141
Dr. Steven Rothman practices Neuropathology in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Rothman studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1973
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Multiple channel interactions explain the protection of sympathetic neurons from apoptosis induced by nerve growth factor deprivation.
- Decision-making for termination of pregnancies with fetal anomalies: analysis of 53,000 pregnancies.
- Neocortical seizure termination by focal cooling: temperature dependence and automated seizure detection.
- The estrogen receptor is not essential for all estrogen neuroprotection: new evidence from a new analog.
- Stroke in children: Freud's first analysis.
- Intracerebral temperature alterations associated with focal seizures.
- Long-lasting anticonvulsant effect of focal cooling on experimental neocortical seizures.
- Pediatric neurology's midlife crisis.
- The unilateral cobalt wire model of neocortical epilepsy: a method of producing subacute focal seizures in rodents.
- Cooling blocks rat hippocampal neurotransmission by a presynaptic mechanism: observations using 2-photon microscopy.
- In vivo imaging of dendritic spines during electrographic seizures.
- CNS-directed AAV2-mediated gene therapy ameliorates functional deficits in a murine model of infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis.
- Cooling produces minimal neuropathology in neocortex and hippocampus.
- Optical suppression of seizure-like activity with an LED.
- Prolonged exposure to levetiracetam reveals a presynaptic effect on neurotransmission.
- Learning Disabilities
- Birth Defects
Dr. Steven Mark Rothman MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Steven Mark Rothman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rothman
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- Honorary Football Captain with Muscular Dystrophy Makes Winning Touchdown
JP Price is a winner in more ways than one. When his school, Craig Middle School, played against their long-time rivals, Steamboat Springs, JP did something remarkable. He made a touchdown. ...
- Research Investigates Dangers of Falling in People with Multiple Sclerosis
For people with multiple sclerosis who use wheelchairs or scooters to be mobile, falls are a considerably large concern. Recently, a study was conducted in order to analyze the circumstances surrounding such falls, and how common they are.BackgroundBecause multiple sclerosis can involve focal...
- Clay Walker's Battle with Multiple Sclerosis
At the age of 26, it’s easy to feel eager to take on the world. At that stage in life, opportunities are waiting around every corner. Add the early success of a promising career as a musician, and the future certainly looks even brighter. Perhaps it’s this brightness than can make an unfortunate...
- Weight Training for Parkinson's Patients Helps to Manage the Symptoms of the Disease
A recent study has shown that weight training alleviates symptoms of Parkinson’s disease like rigidity, slowness, and tremors. Parkinson’s disease is characterized by tremors, slowness, and difficulty in movement. It is a slow and progressive neurological disease. The new study shows that weight...
- How Is Stroke Diagnosed?
A stroke is often diagnosed by conducting physical examination tests and studying brain images produced during scans. Your doctor will try to find all the information regarding the symptoms of stroke. In addition, the doctor will carry out a number of tests to ascertain if you have a stroke. The...
- Dr. William Elliot Rosenfeld M.D.222 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Rawan Tarawneh MD1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Todd Brook Silverman M.D.232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Zaheer Ahmed M.D.232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Luigi Maccotta MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Erik Steven Musiek MD2601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232