Dr. Choll Kim is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Kim specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Kim tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1996
- Topical high-molecular-weight hyaluronan and a roofing barrier sheet equally inhibit postlaminectomy fibrosis.
- Paraspinal muscle vasculature contributes to posterolateral spinal fusion.
- Conversion of sea urchin spines to Mg-substituted tricalcium phosphate for bone implants.
- A rat osteoporotic spine model for the evaluation of bioresorbable bone cements.
- Conversion of bulk seashells to biocompatible hydroxyapatite for bone implants.
- Altered bioreactivity and limited osteoconductivity of calcium sulfate-based bone cements in the osteoporotic rat spine.
- Use of navigation-assisted fluoroscopy to decrease radiation exposure during minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Nerve injury to the posterior rami medial branch during the insertion of pedicle screws: comparison of mini-open versus percutaneous pedicle screw insertion techniques.
- Morphometric analysis of the ventral nerve roots and retroperitoneal vessels with respect to the minimally invasive lateral approach in normal and deformed spines.
- Passive mechanical properties of the lumbar multifidus muscle support its role as a stabilizer.
- Incidence and prevention of intervertebral cage overhang with minimally invasive lateral approach fusions.
- Scientific basis of minimally invasive spine surgery: prevention of multifidus muscle injury during posterior lumbar surgery.
- Complications associated with the initial learning curve of minimally invasive
- Safety and the anatomy of the retroperitoneal lateral corridor with respect to the minimally invasive lateral lumbar intervertebral fusion approach.
- Validation and analysis of a multi-site MIS Prospective Registry through sub-analysis of an MIS TLIF Subgroup.
Dr. Choll Wan Kim M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Choll Wan Kim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis is the common term used to describe over a hundred types of ailments that affect the joints. There are several causes of arthritis including physical wear and tear, autoimmunity, infections, and faulty metabolism, among others. Arthritis is a progressive disease with no known cure.Common...
- Dr. Rodney Delano Henderson M.D.2281 West 24th Street Yuma Arizona 85364
- Dr. Daniel J. Solomon M.D.7100 Redwood Boulevard Novato California 94945
- Dr. Michael Thompson M.D.10666 North Torrey Pines Road La Jolla California 92037
- Dr. Steven R Garfin M.D.4150 Regents Park Row La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Bryan Terry Leek MD4060 4th Ave San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Peter Owen Newton M.D.3030 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123