Dr. Michelle Mellion practices Neuropathology in Providence, RI. Dr. Mellion studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Clinical Neurophysiology
Dr. Michelle L. Mellion MD's Practice location
Providence, RI 02905Get Direction
Dr. Michelle L. Mellion MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Signs and Symptoms of Epilepsy
What is Epilepsy?Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which a person experiences recurring seizures.In a normal brain, the nerve cells transmit chemical and electrical signals to other nerve cells, glands, and muscles. In the case of patients with epilepsy, the nerve cells (also known as neurons) fire...
- Antidepressants May Pose a Risk for Alzheimer's Patients
Research shows that patients newly diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease who recently began using antidepressents are at a higher risk for head injuries and traumatic brain injuries. Heidi Taipale and colleagues from the University of Eastern Finland wrote that for older people who use...
- Guide to an Effective Vertigo Management
People who have vertigo experience a sensation of spinning and tend to lose their balance. Although vertigo is not a serious disease, it can lead to accidents that can result in injuries upon losing balance and falling. Read this article to learn more about what is vertigo, its causes, symptoms, and...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Chronic?
There are many chronic diseases that exist, and one of them is multiple sclerosis (MS). Statistics have shown that they top the causes of premature deaths in adults worldwide. The good news is that these medical conditions can be managed and controlled, and patients can have fulfilling lives.Medical...
- What to Expect After a Stroke
A stroke is a condition in which the brain is deprived of the required blood supply or there is a blood clot formation in a blood vessel in the brain. Strokes can be either caused by internal bleeding (hemorrhagic stroke) or by inadequate blood flow, which can also lead to the death of healthy brain...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Thomas Joseph Raimondo Other1050 Warwick Ave Warwick RI 02888
- Mr. Gary A L'europa MD227 Centerville Rd Warwick RI 02886
- Dr. Megan A Callahan M.D.76 Park St Attleboro MA 02703
- Dr. Nicholas Stevenson Potter M.D., PH.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Juan Carlos Canton MD390 Toll Gate Road Warwick RI 02886
- Dr. Karen Lisa Furie MD55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114