Dr. Guillermo Candia practices Neurological Surgery in Lewiston, ME. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Candia prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ De Chile, Esc De Pregrado, Fac De Med, Santiago, Chile 1970
Dr. Guillermo J Candia MD's Practice location
Lewiston, ME 04240Get Direction
Dr. Guillermo J Candia MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Dr. Daniel Lacerte M.D.4801 Alberta Ave El Paso TX 79905
- Dr. Tarek A.h. Radwan MB, BCHIR1 Medical Center Dr Lebanon NH 03756
- Dr. James M Macnutt DO77 Bates St Lewiston ME 04240
- Dr. Nasrola Edalatpour MD12 High St Lewiston ME 04240
- Dr. Victor T Ho MD77 Bates St Lewiston ME 04240
- Patricio Mujica Other12 High St Lewiston ME 04240