Dr. Mahan Ghiassi practices Neurological Surgery in Fayetteville, AR. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Ghiassi prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 2007
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Birth Defects
- Brain Aneurysm
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Program
Dr. Mahan Ghiassi M.D.'s Practice location
Fayetteville, AR 72703Get Direction
Dr. Mahan Ghiassi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Dr. Barry Irving Katz M.D.3336 N Futrall Dr Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. Brandon Evans MD3336 N Futrall Dr Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. Regan S Gallaher MD3336 N Futrall Drive Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. Kenneth Tonymon MD3336 N Futrall Dr Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. James Blair Blankenship MD2793 E Millennium Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. David Luke Knox MD5501 Willow Creek Dr Springdale AR 72762