Dr. Rochelle Garfield is a speech language pathologist practicing in HOUSTON, TX. Dr. Garfield specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Garfield evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Garfield helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Rochelle Garfield MS-CCC/SLP's Practice location
HOUSTON, TX 77071 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Rochelle Garfield MS-CCC/SLP | Speech-Language Pathologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Rochelle Garfield MS-CCC/SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
Nearby Speech-Language Pathologists
- Dr. R ray Battin PHD 4545 Post Oak Place Dr Houston TX 77027
- Mrs. Christine L Fritsche MA CCCSLP 8323 SOUTHWEST FREEWAY HOUSTON TX 77074
- Melody Carol Haryanto MA, CFY/SLP 3424 FM 1092 RD MISSOURI CITY TX 77459
- Ms. Kristina Michelle Hamilton SLP 7011 SOUTHWEST FWY HOUSTON TX 77074
- Mrs. Debra Lefkowitz Kerner M.S. CCC-SLP 4807 OMEARA DR HOUSTON TX 77035
- Mrs. Meghan O'dwyer Tench MCD, CCC-SLP 4423 SHADOWDALE DR HOUSTON TX 77041