Dr. Rafael Pelayo practices Sleep Medicine in Stanford, CA. Dr. Pelayo studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- A Einstein Coll M-Yeshiva U, Child Neurology
Dr. Rafael Pelayo MD's Practice location
Stanford, CA 94305 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Rafael Pelayo MD | Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Rafael Pelayo MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes and Treatment of Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is the medical term used when a person is close to falling asleep or is in a state of sleepiness. In such case, the person is not able to resist the urge of sleeping or dozing off. A person taking many psychiatric medications for bipolar disorder or any other mental...
- Study Reveals that Many Police Officers Suffer from Sleep Apnea
Although police officers work multiple shifts, they can still be affected by sleep apnea and other sleep disorders, which can take a negative toll on their health.Sleep apnea can pose a risk not only to police officers but to the people they protect in their community. A recent study has shown that...
- Natural Remedies for Insomnia
What is insomnia?In today's busy world, there are some people who regard sleep as a luxury rather than a necessity. They do not seem to have any issues to spend more hours at work in addition to other activities. Due to heavy workload and other activities, there would be lesser time for a physical...
- Can My Sleeping Habits Influence the Development of Migraines?
Our grandmothers and parents used to insist on a sound sleep of 8 hours in the night. But with the changed lifestyle, use of computers, mobile phones and technology increasingly being used, our sleeping patterns and the duration has changed drastically.Many of the younger generation have opted for...
- Not Feeling Quite Right: How Sleep Apnea Affects the Brain
Sleep apnea has earned a lot of popularity lately. The terrifying disease can cause healthy people to decease unexpectedly during the night. It was certified as one the causes of Carrie Fisher’s death, the legendary 60-year-old actress who played Princess Leia in the successful movie saga, Star...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
Nearby Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Dr. Priscilla Socorro Sarinas M.D. 20410 Town Center Ln Cupertino CA 95014
- Dr. Aditya Bhargava M.D. 2025 Soquel Ave Santa Cruz CA 95062
- Dr. Emmanuel Jean-marie Mignot M.D., PH.D. 401 Quarry Rd Stanford CA 94304
- Dr. Mehran Farid-moayer M.D. 1720 El Camino Real Burlingame CA 94010
- Dr. Sanjay K Agarwal MD, FCCP, FAASM 995 Montague Expy Milpitas CA 95035
- Dr. Robert M Jasmer M.D. 1720 El Camino Real Burlingame CA 94010