Demetrios George Maragos MD
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology1530 N Church Rd Liberty MO, 64068
Dr. Demetrios Maragos is a cardiologist practicing in Liberty, MO. Dr. Maragos specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Maragos also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1987
- Univ Of Ne Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
Demetrios George Maragos MD's Practice location
Liberty, MO 64068Get Direction
LIBERTY, MO 64068Get Direction
Demetrios George Maragos MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maragos
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Stem Cell Treatment Heals the Damage Caused by Heart Attacks
A new study has shown that muscle damage due to a heart attack can be corrected by stem cell treatment. This included a small number participants, but they have shown that stem cell treatment is an effective method to help patients recover from a heart attack. The study was directed by Eduardo...
- Are Statins Right for Me?
What is Statins?Statins are drugs prescribed by a doctor to lower cholesterol in the blood. Elevated amounts of cholesterol in blood may result in life-threatening conditions, like heart attacks and strokes. This type of drug is normally prescribed based on cholesterol levels after a blood test....
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- Overweight Children Are Likely to Have High Blood Pressure
A new study published in the journal, Hypertension, shows that a child who is overweight is at risk of high blood pressure, three times more than an average weight child. In this study 1,111 children were followed up for an average of four years. Height weight and blood pressure of the...
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- John Holkins MD3200N.E. Ralph Powell Rd Lee's Summit MO 64132
- Michael J. Sweeney M.D.1004 Cardondelet Kansas City Missouri 64114
- Gerald B. Lee13413 East 51st Street Kansas City Missouri 64133
- Mark A. Wiley MD3901 Rainbow Blvd. Kansas City Kansas 66160
- Aaron J Notestine M.D.2790 Clay Edwards Dr Kansas City MO 64116
- Steven William Bormann M.D.3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66160