Dr. Swara Afiniwala is an internist practicing in Brick, NJ. Dr. Afiniwala specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Afiniwala provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Ross University School of Medicine 2011
- Heart Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- University of Tennessee Program
Dr. Swara Afiniwala M.D's Practice location
Brick, NJ 08724Get Direction
Dr. Swara Afiniwala M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- Reduce Stress to Control Your Hot Flashes
A new study revealed that hot flashes and night sweats caused by menopause can be maintained with stress exercises. Women opted for training in mindfulness-based stress reduction were not affected by night sweats and hot flashes. The results of the study published in the journal, Menopause: The...
- What Are Roundworms?
What are roundworms?Roundworms are a type of parasitic worms that infect the human intestine. Roundworms may vary and size and have a characteristic long, round body. These parasitic worms can cause a number of health problems in humans. They can enter the human body through the mouth and direct...
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. Elena Ronquillo Buenviaje M.D.65 Lacey Road Whiting New Jersey 8759
- Dr. Nami O. Khulusi M.D.615 Hope Road Eatontown New Jersey 07724
- Dr. Bernard Ogon M.D1001 W Main St Freehold NJ 07728
- Dr. Cynthia Salter-Lewis M.D.316 Route 9 North Englishtown NJ 07726
- Mr. Joseph Fretta MD741 Northfield Avenue West Orange New Jersey 7052
- Dr. Abolghassem Garmkhorani M.D.3333 US Highway 9 Freehold New Jersey 07728