Dr. Jesus Chua is a family practitioner practicing in Franklin, LA. Dr. Chua specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Chua possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery 1979
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Ear Wax
- Vascular Disease
- South Nassau Comm Hosp, Family Medicine
- South Nassau Comms Hosp
- South Nassau Communities Hospital Program
Dr. Jesus Lao Chua MD's Practice location
Franklin, LA 70538Get Direction
Dr. Jesus Lao Chua MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chua
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- What Is Candida?
Candida is a type of fungus which lives on the skin and an overgrowth of this fungus can cause an infection. This fungus can be present on different parts of the body. In a normal situation, the fungus is present in small quantity and does not cause any harm, but when it starts to grow, it causes an...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Dr. Eric John Gravois M.D.201 N Clyde Morris Blvd Daytona Beach FL 32114
- Dr. Sharon R Bass MD1300 Lakewood Dr Morgan City LA 70380
- Dr. Reagan Elkins M.D.1151 Marguerite St Morgan City LA 70380
- Dr. Leonard Jb Bourgeois MD1409 Church St Jeanerette LA 70544
- Dr. Indira Gautam MD4212 W Congress St Lafayette LA 70506
- Dr. Brent W Allain M.D.1501 Bethia St Franklin LA 70538