Dr. Julie Harper is a dermatologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Harper specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Harper diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine 1996
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- An update on the pathogenesis and management of acne vulgaris.
- Hormonal therapy for acne using oral contraceptive pills.
- Antiandrogen therapy for skin and hair disease.
- Tailoring individualized treatment plans for acne.
- Improving outcomes through collaboration.
- Evaluating hyperandrogenism: a challenge in acne management.
- Should dermatologists prescribe hormonal contraceptives for acne?
- Benzoyl peroxide development, pharmacology, formulation and clinical uses in topical fixed-combinations.
- Gender as a clinically relevant outcome variable in acne: benefits of a fixed combination clindamycin phosphate (1.2%) and benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) aqueous gel.
- Important controversies associated with isotretinoin therapy for acne.
- Development of a new patient-reported outcome measure for facial acne: the Acne Symptom and Impact Scale (ASIS).
- The efficacy and tolerability of a fixed combination clindamycin (1.2%) and benzoyl peroxide (3.75%) aqueous gel in patients with facial acne vulgaris: gender as a clinically relevant outcome variable.
- A phase 3 randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled trial of azelaic acid foam 15% in the treatment of papulopustular rosacea.
- Use of Oral Contraceptives for Management of Acne Vulgaris: Practical Considerations in Real World Practice.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Natural Hormone Balancing
Dr. Julie C Harper MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35243Get Direction
Dr. Julie C Harper MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harper
- Medical Procedures To Help Clear Acne
For those who want quick results in acne improvement or can’t endure the side effects of these medications can consider other acne treatments that are provided at the doctor's office. There are certain medical procedures, such as light therapy and steroid injection, that can be helpful in treating...
- How Do I Get Tan Without the Sun?
There are several alternatives to a safe tan, and that includes bronzers. Tanning products are generally classified into two types:...
- Blood Blister: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is a blood blister?A blood blister is a raised piece of skin that has blood inside it. Blood blisters are somewhat similar to blisters that have clear fluid in them. The blisters are usually harmless and tend to go away within a few weeks without treatment. A blood blister can contain blood,...
- What Is MRSA Infection?
What is MRSA Infection ?MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infection is a bacterial infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus that has become resistant to many of the antibiotics commonly used for the treatment of a staphylococcus infection (and is consequently called "the...
- What Causes Blisters and How to Get Rid of a Blister
Blisters can occur for numerous reasons. Although they are not often serious, the appearance of blisters itself can be very off-putting. A blister is a fluid-filled bubble that develops under the skin. The watery liquid under the blister is often clear, which is called serum.When blisters break, the...
- Are Chemical Peels Good for Your Skin?
Chemical peeling, which is the process of peeling off the upper layers of the skin, are chemical solutions used to improve the appearance of skin. The solutions help the skin to peel off and allow for a smoother and healthier looking skin. Chemical peels are normally used on the face to reduce...
- Naveed Sami1720 University Boulevard Birmingham Alabama 35233
- Dr. Vlada Groysman MD2290 Valleydale Rd. Birmingham AL 35244
- Dr. Elizabeth Jacobson M.D.250 Inverness Center Dr Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. Timothy Andrew Mcgraw M.D.4102 Pinion Dr U S A F Academy CO 80840
- Dr. Matthew Karl Abele M.D.2700 10th Ave S Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Vera Y. Soong M.D.817 Princeton Avenue S. W. Birmingham AL 35211