Dr. William H. Topper M.D.
Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Specialist | Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine416 Sw Wintergarden Dr Lees Summit MO, 64081
Dr. William Topper is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Lees Summit, MO. Dr. Topper cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1971
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Preterm very-low-birth-weight neonates: relationship of EEG to intracranial hemorrhage, perinatal complications, and developmental outcome.
- Coagulation studies in very low-birthweight infants.
- Impact of a Resource-Based Relative Value Scale fee schedule on reimbursements to neonatologists.
- Comparison of Infasurf (calf lung surfactant extract) to Survanta (Beractant) in the treatment and prevention of respiratory distress syndrome.
- Increased survival in low birth weight neonates given prophylactic surfactant.
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Dr. William H. Topper M.D.'s Practice location
Lees Summit, MO 64081Get Direction
Dr. William H. Topper M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Topper
- Health Alert: Healing Process After Breast Cancer Surgery Can Trigger Cancer to Spread
Breast cancer is the most common cancer affecting women in the United States after skin cancer.Breast cancer survival rates have been increasing, and the number of deaths are declining steadily due to early detection, personalized approaches to treatment, and a better understanding of the disease,...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Eugenia K Pallotto MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Emily M Mcnellis MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Jodi K Jackson MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Robert G. Holcomb M.D.10550 Quivira Rd Lenexa KS 66215
- Dr. Joshua E Petrikin M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Brian James Heimes M.D.4401 Wornall Rd Kansas City MO 64111