Dr. Alvani Santos is a cardiologist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Santos specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Santos also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ Fed De Rio Grande Do Sul- Fac De Med- Porto Alegre- Rs- Brazil 1969
Federal University of Rio Grande South / Center of Biological Sciences 1969
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Good Samaritan Reg Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Good Samaritan Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; St Mary'S Hosp-Unity Hlth Sys, Internal Medicine
Alvani D Santos MD's Practice location
Rochester, NY 14620Get Direction
Alvani D Santos MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How is Congestive Heart Failure Diagnosed?
Congestive heart failure is known as a chronic condition where the heart fails to pump blood as well as it should. In the case of a heart failure, the doctor will use various methods to diagnose if you have had one. Want to know how they do it? Here are the basics:The diagnosis of any illness or...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What is Rheumatic Fever?
Rheumatic fever is a complicated, nonsuppurative disease that affects the joints, blood vessels, heart, brain, and skin. It is an acute inflammatory response that has a PAST untreated or slightly treated Group A or group B beta-hemolytic streptococcal infection, such as strep throat or scarlet...
- Sons Can Inherit Heart Disease from Their Fathers
A recent study has shown that some of the genes present in the Y chromosome increases the chances of heart disease by as much as 50%. Men inherit a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases directly from their fathers. This adds to the increasing evidence as to why men are more susceptible to heart...
- Can Fatty Fish Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease?
A recent study has shown that young women may benefit by having fatty fish, as it provides protection against heart disease and stroke. According to researcher Marin Strom, PhD, Statens Serum Institut in Copenhagen, Denmark, even a modest intake of fishes that provide omega-3 fatty acids provide...
- What are the Side Effects of the Clonidine Drug?
Hypertension or high blood pressure is a condition that causes an immense force of blood on the walls of the arteries. This pressure could sometimes be so high that it could eventually lead to certain health conditions. High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of stroke and other serious...
- Joan L. Thomas MD101 Canal Landing Boulevard Rochester New York 14626
- David R Fries M.D.2365 S Clinton Ave Rochester NY 14618
- Maurice E Varon M.D.2365 S Clinton Ave Rochester NY 14618
- Ryan Connell MD1000 South Ave Rochester NY 14620
- Gregory Mark Singer M.D.2664 Ridgeway Ave Rochester NY 14626
- Imran Chaudhary MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642