Dr. Ashley Edwards is a speech language pathologist practicing in COLUMBUS, GA. Dr. Edwards specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Edwards evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Edwards helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ashley Olivia Edwards M.ED's Practice location
COLUMBUS, GA 31909Get Direction
Ashley Olivia Edwards M.ED's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Rita Boyd O'bryan2424 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Bonnie Davidson2515 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Angelique Walker ME.D.2424 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Emily Luttrell Whiteside EDS, CCC-SLP2424 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Trawick Smith Wise CCC-SLP2424 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Rachel Stewart SLP705 17TH ST STE 200 COLUMBUS GA 31901