Dr. William Mc kown is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Mc kown cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1978
- Naval Hospital, Pediatrics
- Kaiser Permanente
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (HMO)
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (Medicare Plus)(HMO)
- Kaiser Permanente Added Choice POS
- Kaiser Permanente Flexible Choice
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus
- Kaiser Permanente Plan for Individual and Families
- Kaiser Permanente Select Deductible HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Select HAS-Qualified Health Plan
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Signature Deductible HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Signature HAS-Qualified Health Plan (HMO)
- Kaiser Permanente Signature HMO
Dr. William D. Mc kown MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. William D. Mc kown MD | Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Specialist | Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. William D. Mc kown MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mc kown
- Shortness of Breath and Panic Attacks
A panic attack is the most well-known symptom of a panic disorder. Oftentimes, panic attacks come unexpectedly and are usually accompanied by various frightening physical sensations, including hyperventilation or shortness of breath. They are sudden periods of intense fear and anxiety. Panic attacks...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
Nearby Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Specialists
- Dr. Martin Mccaffrey M.D. 34800 Bob Wilson Dr San Diego CA 92134
- Dr. Zahra Ghorishi M.D. 3020 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Marva Lynn Evans M.D. 3020 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Evan Yale Snyder M.D., PHD 402 Dickinson St San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Jose Antonio Honold M.D. 3020 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Tina Anne Leone MD 200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103