Dr. Jean Howard is an internist practicing in Jamestown, CA. Dr. Howard specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Howard provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1969
University of California 1969
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Pacific Presby Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jean Elliott Howard M.D.'s Practice location
Jamestown, CA 95327Get Direction
Dr. Jean Elliott Howard M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Sore Tongue
The tongue is made up of different muscles that help us speak, swallow, chew, or taste food. So when we have a sore tongue, it can be quite hard to ignore.Although a sore tongue is not always a cause for concern, emergency medical attention may be required in some cases, such as rapid tongue...
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- Zika Virus Symptoms: What Is Zika Virus and Travel Recommendations
In 1947, the Zika virus was discovered and got its name from Uganda’s Zika Forest. The first human case of Zika was identified in 1952. Since then, outbreaks of the virus were reported in the Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and Africa, although it was possible for Zika outbreaks to happen in...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- Black Widow Spider Bite: What Does It Look Like?
The black widow spider is one of the most poisonous spiders often seen in North America. These spiders thrive at moderate temperatures and are mostly found in the south and western US regions.They are often found in places surrounded by bushes, open areas such as outdoor bathrooms and toilets, open...
- Dr. Upinder Kaur Basi MD1425 W H St Oakdale CA 95361
- Dr. Jason Robert Jeffery M.D.2400 Moorpark Ave San Jose CA 95128
- Dr. David Yao tek Su MD19747 Greenley Rd Sonora CA 95370
- Dr. Rajendra Upendrabhai Patel M.D.350 South Oak Avenue Oakdale CA 95361
- Dr. Randall Smart M.D.300 Church St Murphys CA 95247
- Dr. Maureen M Regan MD690 Guzzi Ln Sonora CA 95370