Dr. John O'donnell is a psychologist practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Dr. O'donnell specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. O'donnell evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. O'donnell because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. John M O'donnell PH.D.'s Practice location
Milwaukee, WI 53217Get Direction
Dr. John M O'donnell PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Is It That Some Children With Autism Find It Difficult To Recognize Faces?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 in every 160 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD refers to a developmental disorder characterized by varying degrees of impaired social interaction, disturbances in communication and language, as well as repetitive...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- How Poetry Enables Children with Autism to Educate Others
It can be very difficult for children with autism to be understood by their classmates and peers, but recently some have been turning to poetry.Jadon's PoemCandace Thompson recently submitted a poem by her son Jadon, who is 11 years old and on the autism spectrum. When asked what inspired him to...
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT, is a psychotherapy that is used to dissect the thought process and feelings of an individual. This technique is utilized to understand why people who have a complex thought process and complex feelings, dictate their behavior. This psychotherapeutic method is...
- X Factor Star Susan Boyle on Asperger's Diagnosis
In 2012, Scottish singer Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (AS). Before her diagnosis, Susan’s team believed that her ‘unpredictable’ and ‘eccentric’ behavior was due to her being a diva and hot-headed. They considered that she acted the way she did because she was...
- Dr. Kathryn L Lapierre MSN, CNSW62 N248 Washington Ave. Cedarburg WI 53012
- Dr. Diane Marie Mosnik PH.D.2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee WI 53215
- Dr. Carol A. Pinter PSY.D.2600 N Mayfair Rd Milwaukee WI 53226
- John Thomas Parkhurst PHD13603 Flanagan Blvd Boys Town NE 68010
- Ms. Julie A Bobholz PHD9200 West Wisconsin Milwaukee WI 53226
- Dr. Jane Marie Schneider PH.D.741 N Grand Ave Waukesha WI 53186