Dr. Kenneth Palys practices Emergency Medicine in Lynchburg, VA. Dr. Palys assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Palys examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1994
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1994
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Geisinger Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine; Pa Hospital-Uphs, General Surgery
- Geisinger Med Center1995
- Bravo Health
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Kenneth S Palys M.D.'s Practice location
Lynchburg, VA 24501 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kenneth S Palys M.D. | Emergency Physician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kenneth S Palys M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palys
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
Nearby Emergency Physicians
- Dr. Edward B Fenton M.D. 1901 Tate Springs Rd Lynchburg VA 24501
- Dr. Frederick William Sloan M.D. 122 Sailview Dr Forest VA 24551
- Dr. Eric R. Van buskirk M.D. 1509 Lexington Dr Lynchburg VA 24503
- Robert W Ah M.D. 117 E Kings Hwy Eden NC 27288
- Dr. Dawn-dianne Scruggs MD 1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Jerry T Price M.D. 1901 Tate Springs Rd Lynchburg VA 24501