Dr. Ty L Schwertfeger MD
Neurologist | Neurology2135 N Collective Ln Wichita KS, 67206
Dr. Ty Schwertfeger practices Neuropathology in Wichita, KS. Dr. Schwertfeger studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1990
University of Wales in Great Britain 1985
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Back Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Memory Loss
- Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Neurology; Univ Ks Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- University of Kansas Medical Center 1996
- University of Kansas Medical Center 1993
- University of Kansas School of Medicine Program
Dr. Ty L Schwertfeger MD's Practice location
Wichita, KS 67206Get Direction
Dr. Ty L Schwertfeger MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schwertfeger
- The Osbourne Family Partners with Teva for Multiple Sclerosis Campaign
One of the people affected by lack of information about MS is Jack Osbourne, son of Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne. He was diagnosed with the relapsing remitting form of multiple sclerosis back in 2012. Spurred on by the uncertainty caused by his diagnosis, he partnered with Teva to establish a campaign...
- Drug for Opioid Addiction to Treat Multiple Sclerosis
Recently, there has been a lot of discussion about the opioid crisis. However, one of these medications may have a silver lining for MS. This might serve as a treatment for the disease, or it may simply delay the progressive effects. Either way, any progress is important for those suffering from...
- The Potential For Early Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis with MRI Brain Scans
Multiple sclerosis can be difficult to diagnose, as many of the symptoms do not even appear until later in one's life. However, a recent study has shown that the risk level in children is able to be diagnosed early with MRI brain scans.DiagnosisSometimes MRI brain scans can show MS before any...
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Therapy Receives Rare Pediatric Disease Designation
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is characterized by progressive muscle degeneration paired with weakness. This is caused by the lack of dystrophin. This protein is the key to muscles staying strong and uninjured. This disorder is typically found when a person is very young, as early as three years...
- Protein Interactions May Help Explain Memory Loss with Parkinson's
Up until recently, scientists only knew that as Parkinson’s disease progresses so do all of its symptoms, particularly around memory loss. They also knew that as many as 30% of Parkinson’s sufferers develop dementia. What they didn’t know was why or, really how they treat it in...
- Understanding Impaired Expression and Facial Recognition with Parkinson's Disease
Living with Parkinson’s disease is a debilitating and daily battle; not only are people affected physically, but mental health strains can lead to severe anxiety, depression, mood swings, dizziness, restlessness, night terrors, and even amnesia. Not only is this a heartbreaking struggle for the...
- Dr. Saad Kanaan MD848 St. Francis North Wichita Kansas 67214
- Dr. Diosely C. Silveira M.D., PHD848 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Bassem H El-nabbout MD848 N Saint Francis St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Burtram J Odenheimer MD3311 E Murdock St Wichita KS 67208
- Dr. Dwight L Lindholm MD6611 E Central Ave Wichita KS 67206
- Dr. Calvin Grant Olmstead MD3243 E. Murdock Wichita KS 67208