Dr. Alycia Fulton is a speech language pathologist practicing in MOORESVILLE, NC. Dr. Fulton specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Fulton evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Fulton helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Miss Alycia Ann Fulton MS CCC SLP's Practice location
MOORESVILLE, NC 28115Get Direction
Miss Alycia Ann Fulton MS CCC SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Mrs. Casey Laney Sherrill MA, CCC-SLP141 KISKADEE DR MOORESVILLE NC 28117
- Miss Kathleen Anne Lane CCC-SLP3403 LINDEN BERRY LN CHARLOTTE NC 28269
- Cynthia Marie Vansprange M.A, CCC-SLP13612 MOREHOUSE ST HUNTERSVILLE NC 28078
- Margaret Moore MS, CCC-SLP3403 LINDEN BERRY LN CHARLOTTE NC 28269
- Mrs. Nicole Gross161 VILLAGE VIEW DRIVE MOORESVILLE NC 28117
- Meghan Marie Herrington410 BRIDLE PATH FARM RD CLEVELAND NC 27013