Dr. Odette Valder is a psychiatrist practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Valder is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Valder diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Valder may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Valder treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1990
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Psychiatry
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Odette Cianchini Valder M.D.'s Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28211Get Direction
Dr. Odette Cianchini Valder M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by obsessive, unreasonable thoughts, and repetitive, compulsive behaviors. The recurring thoughts and fears, called obsessions, leads to the need to repetitively perform certain actions, called compulsions, that would help in...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- Dr. Amishi Y Shah MD1718 E 4th St Charlotte NC 28204
- Dr. Jean Allen Melvin M.D.3111 Springbank Ln Charlotte NC 28226
- Dr. Frank S Highley M.D., PH.D.429 S Sharon Amity Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Dana E. Castro M.D.501 Billingsley Road Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Leslie Potter D.O.2441 S Highway 27 Somerset KY 42501
- Dr. Amalia Silvia Falcon MD8401 Medical Plaza Dr Charlotte NC 28262