Dr. Criag Kien is a pediatrician practicing in Burlington, VT. Dr. Kien is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Kien diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Kien can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati / Main Campus 1972
- Lactulose feeding in piglets: a model for persistent diarrhea and colitis induced by severe sugar malabsorption.
- Fractional oxidation of chylomicron-derived oleate is greater than that of palmitate in healthy adults fed frequent small meals.
- Butyric acid is synthesized by piglets.
- Lactose in formulas for preterm infants.
- Evaluation of methods to assess physical activity in free-living conditions.
- Complete biotinidase deficiency presenting as reversible progressive ataxia and sensorineural deafness.
- Quantitation of colonic luminal synthesis of butyric acid in piglets.
- Physical activity in middle school-aged children participating in a school-based recreation program.
- Prediction of daily energy expenditure during a feeding trial using measurements of resting energy expenditure, fat-free mass, or Harris-Benedict equations.
- Increasing dietary palmitic acid decreases fat oxidation and daily energy expenditure.
- Short-chain fatty acids: ready for prime time?
- Differential effects of dietary intake of palmitic acid and oleic acid on oxygen consumption during and after exercise.
- Effects of glucose infusion on leucine transamination and oxidation in the ovine fetus.
- Effects of palmitate and oleate on the respiratory quotient during acute feeding.
- Gender alters the effects of palmitate and oleate on fat oxidation and energy
- Montreal Chldns Hosp
Dr. Criag Lawrence Kien M.D.'s Practice location
Burlington, VT 05401Get Direction
Dr. Criag Lawrence Kien M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- How Do I Protect My Baby From Mumps?
How do I protect my baby from mumps?The virus of mumps is an airborne virus, which means that it spreads quickly between children and adults unless they have been vaccinated. Mumps is a common childhood illness. Your baby is protected from mumps when he/she has already has this infection or has been...
- Schoolboy with Autism Responds to Bullies in a Powerful Way
It is an unfortunate part of life that some children will end up bullying other people their age. Some children seem to have an uncanny ability to hone in on a difference and exploit it, turning it into a weakness and hurting the other kid.Children with autism are especially vulnerable. They are...
- Do I Have the Mumps?
The mumps is a highly contagious airborne viral infection, which manifests in a specific shape of the face and neck. The causing agent is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Timely vaccination (MMR) is the best way to prevent complications that arise in 95% of cases. The mumps virus can be...
- Why Should I Breastfeed My Baby?
Babies thrive on the breast milk from their mothers. A mother's milk is rich in minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, protein, and the fat that babies need.How Does My Baby Benefit from Breastfeeding?A mother’s milk contains two main proteins, whey (60-70%) and casein (30-40%). Breast feeding is...
- How to Prepare for an Adenoidectomy
Adenoidectomy is an operation performed to remove one's adenoids. Most of the time, adenoidectomy is done to children. Although rare, the procedure can be done to adults as well. When do adenoids need to be removed?Due to bacteria, viruses, or allergic reactions, your child might have enlarged...
- Ingrid Y. Camelo51 Timber Lane South Burlington Vermont 5403
- Dr. Christa Marie hildegard Zehle M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Bradley T Friesen M.D.52 Timberlane South Burlington VT 05403
- Dr. Alicia Jean Veit MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Eliot W. Nelson M.D.353 Blair Park Rd Williston VT 05495
- Dr. Thomas G Bolduc M.D.1127 North Ave Burlington VT 05408