Angela Delight Shields M.D., PH.D.
Hospitalist275 Cumberland Bnd Nashville TN, 37228
Dr. Angela Shields is a hospitalist practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Shields specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Shields manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Shields works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 2011
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Program
Angela Delight Shields M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Nashville, TN 37228Get Direction
Angela Delight Shields M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shields
- Ringworm of the Body and Scalp
IntroductionDermatophytes are fungi that get nutrients from keratin for growth. They usually affect the skin, nails, and hair. The species that commonly invade the keratin are those that belong to the genus Trichophyton, Epidermophyton, and Microsporum. Fungal infections produce ring-like...
- Can Low Levels of Testosterone be the Cause of Your Health Conditions?
New studies have depicted the link between low levels of testosterone and other health conditions, in men, and how hormone levels are related to the overall health of the individual. Results of the study show that a deficiency in testosterone is linked to several conditions, like obesity, metabolic...
- Home Remedies to Treat Jaundice
Jaundice refers to a yellowish discoloration that affects the skin and the white parts of the eyes. This occurs when bilirubin levels rise in the patient’s bloodstream. A slight elevation in the levels of bilirubin makes the skin turn yellow. Jaundice can be classified as obstructive,...
- Overweight Kids Lose Weight When Their Parents Do
According to a new study published in the journal, Obesity, overweight kids lose weight when their parents try to lose weight. About 80 overweight or obese children and their parents were studied and found that when the parents lost a unit in their body mass index (BMI) their children lost a...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Damon M Abaray MD4220 Harding Rd Nashville TN 37205
- Dr. Olalekan Olaniyi Oluwole MD, MPH720 Westview Dr SW Atlanta GA 30310
- Dr. Michael Nelson M.D.1255 E College St Pulaski TN 38478
- Dr. Chimalum Richard Okafor M.D.1005 Dr Db Todd Jr Blvd Nashville TN 37208
- Dr. James Eric Myers MD300 20th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Christina L Macmurdo-france MD4220 Harding Rd Nashville TN 37205