Dr. Hiroshi Mashimo M.D., PH.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1400 Vfw Pkwy Res 151 Bld 3 West Roxbury MA, 02132
Dr. Hiroshi Mashimo is a gastroenterologist practicing in West Roxbury, MA. Dr. Mashimo specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Mashimo performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Mass Gen Hosp, Gastroenterology; Mass Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
Dr. Hiroshi Mashimo M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
West Roxbury, MA 02132Get Direction
Dr. Hiroshi Mashimo M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mashimo
- New Link Discovered Between Asthma and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Canadian researcher Dr. M. Ellen Kuenzig of the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada has led a research team that found evidence that asthma is linked to inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Kuenzig and her colleagues conducted a case-control study, which looks at health-related data within large...
- What Does the Gallbladder Do?
What is a gallbladder?The gallbladder is a hollow and pear-shaped structure situated under the liver and on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to store and concentrate bile, which is a yellow-brown colored digestive enzyme produced by the liver. The gallbladder belongs to the...
- Childhood Crohn’s Diagnosis Linked with Cancer Risk, Study Finds
Inflammatory bowel disease most often affects young adults. However, children can also be diagnosed too. When inflammatory bowel disease affects a child, it causes painful gastrointestinal symptoms that are especially difficult for kids to bear.It's hard for kids to understand what's happening to...
- Facts Every Celiac Patient Should Know
When someone is diagnosed with celiac disease they have to make significant lifestyle changes to ensure that they can properly manage their disorder. To make those changes, it’s critical that the patient and their family members have a proper understanding of celiac disease and how it affects a...
- Is There Such a Thing as a Gluten "Cheat Day"?
In a recent article published in Health Central, the author tells her story about intentionally eating gluten. She was diagnosed with celiac disease over 20 years ago and began a gluten-free diet as an eighth-grader. She accidentally ate gluten a few times and the symptoms were overwhelming. Bloated...
- Gluten Could Trigger Lymphoma in Patients Who Already have Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is a disease of the immune system that is said to be triggered by gluten, the protein in wheat products. It affects a few million people in the U.S. each year. Most who are diagnosed will go on a gluten-free diet, as that is currently the only treatment doctors know of which leads to...
- Dr. Vijay Yajnik MD, PHD165 Cambridge Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Francis A Farraye M.D.720 Harrison Ave Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Satya B Allaparthi MD281 Lincoln St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Adam S Cheifetz M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Kenneth Ronald Falchuk M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Chandrashekhar Thukral M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215