Dr. Jawad Ahmad, MD is one of the country's best ranked doctors. His specialties include gastroenterology, hepatology, and transplant hepatology and he currently treats patients in New york, New York. ...
Education and Training
Royal Free Hospital Sch of Medicine
Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine
King George's Medical University 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Transplant Hepatology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Liver Transplant, Cirrhosis, Hepatitis C And More
- Liver Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Stony Brook University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
- S U N Y At Stony Brook School Medicine
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center/Winthrop University Hospital Program
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Jawad Ahmad MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10029Get Direction
Dr. Jawad Ahmad MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Dr. Lawrence U Liu MD5 E 98th St New York NY 10029
- Dr. Maya Gambarin-gelwan M.D.525 E 68th St New York NY 10021
- Dr. Costica Aloman M.D.5 E 98th St New York NY 10029
- Dr. Elizabeth Clarice Verna M.D.622 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. Scott Andrew Fink MD622 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. Veron Browne M.D.2801 W Kinnickinnic River Pkwy Milwaukee WI 53215