Dr. Meena Sahadevan is a nephrologist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Sahadevan specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Sahadevan most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Kilpauk Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1990
Kilpauk Medical College
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Nephrology; U Pa Hlth Sys-Presby M C, Internal Medicine
- University of Connecticut Program A
Dr. Meena Sahadevan MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55415Get Direction
Dr. Meena Sahadevan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Mary Tahnk-johnson MD6490 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis MN 55426
- Dr. Barbara Sue Daniels M.D.University Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Michael Grant Somermeyer M.D.6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy Minneapolis MN 55430
- Dr. Arkady Synhavsky M.D.2085 Rice St Saint Paul MN 55113
- Dr. Hassan Nimer Ibrahim M.B., B.S.516 Delaware Street Se, Pwb Second Floor, Clinic 2a Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Marc Weber MD516 Delaware Street Se, Pwb, Clinic 2a Minneapolis MN 55455