Mark S Grogan MD
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology130 Division Street Derby CT, 06418
Dr. Mark Grogan is a cardiologist practicing in Derby, CT. Dr. Grogan specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Grogan also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
St. George's University School of Medicine 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Sisters Charity Hlthcare Sys, Cardiovascular Diseases; Mount Sinai Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center of Chicago Program
Mark S Grogan MD's Practice location
Derby, CT 06418Get Direction
Mark S Grogan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Grogan
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
- 5 Tips on Living with High Blood Pressure
Living with high blood pressure is never easy. You have to watch yourself constantly with the knowledge that your body is malfunctioning. Most of the people who are diagnosed with this condition become depressive and lose the will to live. You have to know that even if you are diagnosed with high...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What is Cardiac Ablation?
Cardiac ablation is a procedure used for atrial fibrillation (a-fib) treatment, which is an irregular beating of the heart. Doctors may recommend the procedure when other methods of treatment such as drugs and heartbeat reset aren’t successful.If atrial fibrillation, or an irregular heart rate,...
- What to Expect After Having an Ablation
After the completion of your catheter ablation operation, the professionals will move you to a separate room while you wait for them to pull out the catheters. After a few hours, they will remove the catheters, and then they will apply pressure on the areas or around the incision to stop or control...
- What Are the Major Warning Signs of a Stroke?
A stroke is one of the leading causes of death in the country. A stroke can be fatal if not treated immediately. Strokes can lead to disabilities, and affect the quality of life of a person considerably. Recognizing the symptoms and responding to the immediate needs is what is important in the...
- Kathleen A. Harper4675 Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06606
- Mohummad Raza M.D.,F.A.C.C.4695 Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06606
- Suphichaya Muangman M.D.1625 Straits Turnpike Middlebury Connecticut 06762
- Jude Clancy MD333 Cedar St New Haven Connecticut 06510
- Joyce M. Oen-hsiao M.D.1450 Chapel St New Haven CT 06511
- David Copen M.D.27 Hospital Ave Danbury CT 06810