Dr. John Carson is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Morgantown, WV. Dr. Carson specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Carson is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Carson are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Great West Healthcare
- ChoiceGuard / Healthy Directions
- Coastal Healthcare
- Davis Vision
- Dental HMO/MGD/Pre-Paid
- Extended Access PPO
- Guardian Advantage Gold Dental PPO
- Guardian Advantage Silver Dental PPO
- SuperMed - SC
- Texas True Choice
- Tribute Enhanced (Medicare)
- Tribute Plan (Medicare)
- Multiplan PHCS
- Tufts Associated Health Plans
- Advantage HMO 1000
- Advantage HMO Saver
- Advantage HMO Select 2000
- Advantage HMO Select 750
- Advantage PPO 1000
- GIC Navigator PPO
- GIC Spirit
- HMO Basic 25
- HMO Select 15
- HMO Select 20
- Medicare Complement Plan
- POS Basic
- POS Premium
- POS Value
- PPO/PHCS Network
- Spirit (GIC)
- Steward Community Choice
- Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred
- Your Choice (HMO/EPO)
- United Concordia
Dr. John Montgomery Carson DDS's Practice location
Morgantown, WV 26508 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John Montgomery Carson DDS | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John Montgomery Carson DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carson
- Kidney Stones: Is There Something Wrong With My Kidneys?
Kidney Stones: Is There Something Wrong With My Kidneys?When crystal-like structures form in the kidney are referred to as kidney stones. Kidney stones are mostly known to occur in people aged from the age of 30-60 years. Most of these people are men. According to research, around 15% of people in...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
Nearby Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Dr. Rishad Shaikh DMD 2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Mr. Gino Anthony Gismondi DDS Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center Basement Floor Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. Bryan Douglas Weaver DDS,MD One Medical Center Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. William Andrew Myer D.M.D. 1191 Pineview Dr Morgantown WV 26505
- Dr. Thaddus Rusiecki D.D.S. PLLC 2602 Cranberry Square Morgantown WV 26505
- Greg Joseph Wrobleski DDS 1030 Morgantown Ave Fairmont WV 26554