Dr. Anjana N Shah M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease5501 Louetta Rd #d Spring TX, 77379
Dr. Anjana Shah practices Pulmonology in Spring, TX. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Shah manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
American University of The Caribbean / School of Medicine MD
American University of The Caribbean / School of Medicine 1982
American University of Integrative Sciences 1982
- Muhlenberg Hosp 1987
- Indiana University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Anjana N Shah M.D.'s Practice location
Spring, TX 77379Get Direction
Dr. Anjana N Shah M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shah
- Chronic Bronchitis – The Smoker’s Cough
What is chronic bronchitis?Chronic bronchitis is defined as a persistent cough with sputum production for at least three months in at least two consecutive years in the absence of any other identifiable causes.Chronic bronchitis is also commonly known as the smoker’s cough. This is due to the fact...
- Pathogens that Cause Pneumonia
The pathogens involved in pneumonia are bacteria, virus, fungus, rare parasites, and other microorganisms. Virus is the most common cause of pneumonia among babies and children. Adults with weak immune systems are vulnerable to bacterial pneumonia.Pneumonia Causing pathogens:The pathogens that cause...
- The Complicated Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lung Disorders
What is Bronchiectasis (BR) and how it is related to Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)? It is known that there is a strong association with RA and various pulmonary disorders such as BR. How these two conditions are connected is less clear and something that has been being examined for some time. However...
- Cystic Fibrosis: Talking to Loved Ones
When getting a life-changing diagnosis, it may be hard to discuss it with others. It is isolating when you feel others do not understand; your family and friends may not have cystic fibrosis or know people affected by the disease. You may also be dealing with shock from the new diagnosis. Chances...
- How Lung Transplants for Cystic Fibrosis Patients Have Changed
For those with cystic fibrosis (CF), lung infections are the greatest contributor to death. Lung inflammation, destruction, and chronic infection occurs due to the thick sticky mucus associated with CF.This over-proliferation of mucus occurs due to the mutated gene CFTR which is responsible for the...
- Is Legionnaires' Disease a Serious Medical Condition?
Legionella bacteriaLegionnaires' disease is a type of pneumonia that is in its most severe form. The disease occurs due to a bacterial infection caused by a bacteria called legionella and mainly results in the inflammation of the lungs. The bacteria are known to thrive commonly in areas such as...
- Dr. Wael Asi MD1111 Medical Plaza Dr Spring TX 77380
- Dr. Mohsin K Bajwa MD1125 Cypress Station Dr Houston TX 77090
- Dr. Muhammad Hanif M.D.13325 Hargrave Rd Houston TX 77070
- Dr. Anatoli N Krasko M.D.10837 Katy Fwy Houston TX 77079
- Dr. T H Jayaram MD9950 Memorial Humble TX 77338
- Dr. John R. Griffin MD110 Commercial Cir Conroe TX 77304