Dr. Joanne Oconnor is a psychologist practicing in Holbrook, NY. Dr. Oconnor specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Oconnor evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Oconnor because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Mrs. Joanne I Oconnor LCSW SOCIAL WORKER's Practice location
Holbrook, NY 11741Get Direction
Mrs. Joanne I Oconnor LCSW SOCIAL WORKER's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?
Binge Eating Disorder, which is abbreviated as BED is an eating condition which is marked with recurring periods of quickly eating too much food, thus making one feel uncomfortable. A person with this condition lacks self-control during the binge episodes and afterwards feels ashamed, distressed and...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- The Challenges of Living with Autism in College
As autism becomes more prevalent, more research has been devoted to understanding the origins of the it as well as developing effective treatment plans to support the individual. Research shows that the earlier treatment begins, the better individuals will be at implementing coping strategies and...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder is a mental disorder characterized by unstable emotions and behavior patterns. Their unpredictable moods and behavior may lead to issues in relationships. People with this disorder often have low self-esteem. They often tend to view themselves as being the...
- Coping with Geriatric Depression
Geriatric depression is a mental and emotional disorder that affects seniors. Every stage of life has its own set of challenges and aging is no exception. In fact, significant major changes surface and occur later life, such as the death of a loved one, retirement, medical problems, and increased...
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport NY 11731
- Dr. Jacqueline Sabarese PHD191 Broadway Amityville Amityville NY 11701
- Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD450 Waverly Avenue Patchogue NY 11772
- Dr. Celeste Regina Gertsen PHD1227 Main St Port Jefferson NY 11777
- Dr. Vanessa Fonseca Gomes PHD811 W Jericho Tpke Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Amy Gawrych PSYD73 Deer Park Ave Babylon NY 11702