Dr. Julie Mcconnell is a speech language pathologist practicing in MANDEVILLE, LA. Dr. Mcconnell specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mcconnell evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mcconnell helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Julie Mcconnell's Practice location
MANDEVILLE, LA 70448Get Direction
Julie Mcconnell's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Mrs. Elizabeth E Levet MED CCC SLP1011 N CAUSEWAY BLVD MANDERVILLE LA 70471
- Mrs. Cinamon Wells Higbee M.A., CCC/SLP1011 N CAUSEWAY BLVD MANDEVILLE LA 70471
- Elizabeth Ann Cardwell MS CCC-SLP30359 JIM WILLIAMS RD BUSH LA 70431
- Mrs. Sharon B Salcedo M.A. CCC/SLP321 N FLORIDA ST COVINGTON LA 70433
- Mr. Jill Richert Rizk CCC-SLP148 RANCH RD SLIDELL LA 70460
- Almecia J. Dupree MS, CCC, SLP1637 SHYLOCK DR SLIDELL LA 70461