Dr. Fred Fishman is a gastroenterologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Fishman specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Fishman performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1966
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Gastroenterology; Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Multiplan PHCS
Dr. Fred Leon Fishman Other's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60602 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Fred Leon Fishman Other | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Fred Leon Fishman Other's reviewsWrite Review
- Anemia: Learning More About The Unfortunates
Anemia is a medical condition in which the count of red blood cells in the blood is lower than the normal number. This can occur due to many reasons such as deficiency of some vitamin, iron or it can also be hereditary. It is one of the most common disorders of blood and there are reports suggesting...
- What Does the Gallbladder Do?
What is a gallbladder?The gallbladder is a hollow and pear-shaped structure situated under the liver and on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to store and concentrate bile, which is a yellow-brown colored digestive enzyme produced by the liver. The gallbladder belongs to the...
- How Gluten-Free is Papa John’s Latest Product?
Finding a fast-food franchise or an independently-owned eatery that serves genuinely gluten free food can pose a challenge. One might have to search on the web or even make some phone calls to find out whether or not a restaurant’s food and beverages are “safe” to ingest and won’t cause an...
- Celiac Disease and Type I Diabetes Patients at a Higher Risk for Fractures
From time to time, patients may develop what is known as a comorbidity, which is essentially a word used to describe a situation wherein the subject is simultaneously diagnosed with two diseases or conditions. This can occur for a multitude of reasons, one being that the first condition may very...
- Hemorrhoids: Is There a Cure?
There are a number of ways to go about curing hemorrhoids once you have been diagnosed.Home remediesHemorrhoids are caused by swollen blood vessels in the anal region, but the condition is not serious. The idea behind home remedies is to make the person comfortable enough to resume regular...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Dr. David N. Butler M.D. 2001 S California Ave Chicago IL 60608
- Dr. David C. Chua MD 2900 Oakbrook Hills Road Oak Brook IL 60523
- Dr. Samuel Tesfay M.D. 1425 S Main St Walnut Creek CA 94596
- Dr. Aman Ali M.D. 3309 Panther Creek Drive Springfield Illinois 62711
- Mr. Veslav Stecevic MD 5701 Bow Pointe Drive Clarkston MI 48346
- Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD 110 Lead Avenue Southeast Albuquerque New Mexico 87106