Dr. Joan Bielefeld practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Towson, MD. Dr. Bielefeld evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Bielefeld seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1981
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools 1981
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1981
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Johns Hopkins Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Of Md Med Sys, Psychiatry
- University of Maryland Program
Dr. Joan Leidy Bielefeld M.D.'s Practice location
Towson, MD 21204Get Direction
Dr. Joan Leidy Bielefeld M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Dr. Terry G. Pritt MD2107 Laurel Bush Road Bel Air MD 21015
- Edore Celestina Onigu-otite M.B;B.S.1750 E Fairmount Ave Baltimore MD 21231
- Dr. Julie Rae Newman-toker M.D.2002 Clipper Park Rd Baltimore MD 21211
- Dr. Emily Gavett M.D.6802 Mcclean Blvd Baltimore MD 21234
- Dr. Chinedu Onyedike Varma M.D., MPH600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Azin Bekhrad M.D.Johns Hopkins Hospital Baltimore MD 21287