Dr. Joan Bielefeld practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Towson, MD. Dr. Bielefeld evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Bielefeld seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1981
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1981
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools 1981
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Johns Hopkins Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Of Md Med Sys, Psychiatry
- University of Maryland Program
Dr. Joan Leidy Bielefeld M.D.'s Practice location
Towson, MD 21204 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Joan Leidy Bielefeld M.D. | Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Joan Leidy Bielefeld M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
Nearby Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Dr. Jonathan Joel Shepherd M.D. 6707 Whitestone Rd Gwynn Oak MD 21207
- Dr. Terry G. Pritt MD 2107 Laurel Bush Road Bel Air Maryland 21015
- Jonathan Shepherd 6707 Whitestone Road Suite 106 Woodlawn MD 21207
- Edore Celestina Onigu-otite M.B;B.S. 1750 E Fairmount Ave Baltimore MD 21231
- Dr. Julie Rae Newman-toker M.D. 2002 Clipper Park Rd Baltimore MD 21211
- Dr. Chinedu Onyedike Varma M.D., MPH 600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287