Dr. Michael Russo is a Board Certified Neurologist and Sleep Disorders specialist with offices in Honolulu, Hilo, and Kona, Hawaii. He believes that a correct diagnosis is the first goal. Dr. Russo does not believe in prescribing medications before determining the correct diagnosis. Dr. Russo has the most sophisticated electro diagnostic equipment in Hawaii - including the 128 channel dense-array electroencephalograph (DEEG) and the Advanced Brain Monitoring Sleep Profiler EEG.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1994
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Sleep Medicine
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Award for Excellence in Military Medicine2001Chairman, General Peter Pace
- President Hawaii Neurological Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
- Fellow, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, Aerospace Medical Association
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Cardiovascular Diseases; Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Internal Medicine
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- President, Sleep Disorders Patients Advocacy Foundation
- Vice-President, Hawaii Sleep and Wellness Foundation
Dr. Michael B Russo M.D.'s Practice location
HONOLULU, HI 96814 Get Direction
Fort Rucker, AL 36362 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael B Russo M.D. | Neurologist | Neurology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael B Russo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Comedian Sir Billy Connolly Wants to Participate in Research for Parkinson’s
Sir Billy Connolly,75, is a Glasgow, Scotland-born comedian who has Parkinson’s disease. He was diagnosed five years ago and says the incurable disease dominates his life. He is no longer able to act or work on his comedy shows. ...
- Literally Fighting Parkinson's: Fitness Program Focuses on Boxing to Alleviate Symptoms
“Exercise is good for the brain” is a statement largely supported by scientists, physicians, researchers and all kinds of experts in the field of neurology. Some of the benefits the brain can receive from regular exercise are:...
- What Are the Causes and Treatment of Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is the medical term used when a person is close to falling asleep or is in a state of sleepiness. In such case, the person is not able to resist the urge of sleeping or dozing off. A person taking many psychiatric medications for bipolar disorder or any other mental...
- Can My Sleeping Habits Influence the Development of Migraines?
Our grandmothers and parents used to insist on a sound sleep of 8 hours in the night. But with the changed lifestyle, use of computers, mobile phones and technology increasingly being used, our sleeping patterns and the duration has changed drastically.Many of the younger generation have opted for...
- A Better Treatment Approach for Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis?
Relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) is an aggressive, rapidly debilitating form of multiple sclerosis. Individuals with this type of MS experience deterioration at a quicker rate than other forms, and don’t have as many treatment options. In terms of treatment for all types of MS, the...
- Dr. Michiko Kimura Bruno M.D. 1380 Lusitana St Honolulu HI 96813
- Gabriele M Barthlen M.D. 1188 Bishop St Honolulu HI 96813
- Michael Slattery MD 2230 Liliha Streeet Honolulu HI 96817
- Dr. Juan Ros-escalante M.D. 1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Dr. Kore K. Liow MD 642 Ulukahiki St Kailua HI 96734
- Dr. Neal Prakash M.D., PH.D. 98-1079 Moanalua Rd Aiea HI 96701