Dr. Michael Russo is a Board Certified Neurologist and Sleep Disorders specialist with offices in Honolulu, Hilo, and Kona, Hawaii. He believes that a correct diagnosis is the first goal. Dr. Russo does not believe in prescribing medications before determining the correct diagnosis. Dr. Russo has the most sophisticated electro diagnostic equipment in Hawaii - including the 128 channel dense-array electroencephalograph (DEEG) and the Advanced Brain Monitoring Sleep Profiler EEG.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1994
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Sleep Medicine
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Award for Excellence in Military Medicine2001Chairman, General Peter Pace
- President Hawaii Neurological Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
- Fellow, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, Aerospace Medical Association
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Cardiovascular Diseases; Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Internal Medicine
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- President, Sleep Disorders Patients Advocacy Foundation
- Vice-President, Hawaii Sleep and Wellness Foundation
Dr. Michael B Russo M.D.'s Practice location
HONOLULU, HI 96814Get Direction
Fort Rucker, AL 36362Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael B Russo M.D. | Neurologist | Neurology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael B Russo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Robotic Arm Gives Teen with Muscular Dystrophy A New Lease on Life
Austin Stelly is only 14-years old, and he has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The disease is a genetic disorder that over time causes degeneration of the muscles. Austin uses a motorized wheelchair full-time, and it has been his mode of movement for about four years. When Austin was ten years old, he...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- The Link Between Concussions and Multiple Sclerosis
In today’s world, we are told that ‘if an individual has experienced a severe jolt or blow to the head, which has left them dazed, confused, or wobbly - they have concussion”. (Medical News Today: MNT)According to Christian Nordqvist, a writer for MNT, a concussion causes a temporary loss of...
- Pregnancy and Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson's disease happens to only 5% of women before the age of 40, with less than 400 women who are younger than 50 years old diagnosed with the disease in the United States. This is why pregnancy in patients with Parkinson's Disease is uncommon and a rare occurrence.There have been previous...
- Drugs That Reduce Stickiness of Blood May Reduce Dementia by 48 Percent
It has been long known that drugs that reduce the stickiness of blood help to keep the arteries and heart healthy and decrease the risk of cardiovascular events. Now, there is increasing evidence that these drugs may also help to reduce the incidence of dementia by as much as 48 percent.Several...
- The Therapy of the Future: Virtual Reality For Parkinson’s Disease
At first glance, it is not clear how to make a connection between virtual reality and Parkinson’s disease. But by looking closer, this form of technology may actually contribute to the treatment of this condition.Around 60,000 new cases of Parkinson’s disease are reported annually in the United...
- Dr. Michiko Kimura Bruno M.D.1380 Lusitana St Honolulu HI 96813
- Gabriele M Barthlen M.D.1188 Bishop Street Honolulu HI 96813
- Dr. Kore K. Liow MD642 Ulukahiki St Kailua HI 96734
- Dr. Juan Ros-escalante M.D.1 Jarrett White Road Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Dr. Neal Prakash M.D., PH.D.98-1079 Moanalua Rd Aiea HI 96701
- Cherylee Wj Chang Other1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu HI 96813