Dr. Mark Sowcik is a psychologist practicing in Luzerne, PA. Dr. Sowcik specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Sowcik evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Sowcik because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Mark Karol Sowcik PHD.'s Practice location
Luzerne, PA 18709Get Direction
Dr. Mark Karol Sowcik PHD.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- How Music Therapy Benefits Autism
At some point in their lives, most people feel distressed by the way others see them. It’s common for others to see people for surface level qualities rather than who they truly are. This can be amplified while living with a condition such as autism. One of the main challenges that people with...
- Study Links PTSD from 9/11 to Dementia Cases
9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. And yet, every single American still remembers where they were on that day. Researchers found that rescuers, witnesses and survivors have reported cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or simply PTSD. Sean Clouston, the lead researcher from Stony Brook...
OverviewA seizure is a sudden event caused by an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. When a seizure happens, you lose control of your body, possibly lose consciousness, and convulse. Seizures can also cause behavioral changes and changes in the levels of your consciousness, including...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- The Proven Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Autism
When it comes to children with autism, parents need to have resources to guide them into better coping mechanisms and strategies for communication. New research has shown that parents are improving feelings of anxiety and sadness by joining their children in therapy, cognitive behavior...
- Dr. Jennifer Boberg Perry PSY.D.1111 E End Blvd Wilkes Barre PA 18711
- Dr. Diana Cuello PH.D1251 Wyoming Ave Pittston PA 18643
- Dr. Kashif Abdullah Khan MD500 E Pottawatamie St Tecumseh MI 49286
- Dr. Denise Renee Robinson PSY.D.120 N Abington Rd Clarks Summit PA 18411
- Dr. Jennifer Lee Meckes PSY.D.475 Morgan Hwy Scranton PA 18508
- Dr. Christy Rothermel PHDRoute 29 Collegeville PA 19426